Monday, January 19, 2009

Killin' Me Softly with Citrus

Saturday, in the late afternoon, Keaton and Weston and a few other mischief makers, escaped to our backyard and yanked tons of citrus off our trees.  Hurling lemons and oranges at the wall was the method used to open the fruit.  We had peels and fruit pieces all over the yard which were undiscovered until nightfall.

First thing Sunday morning the boys were assigned cleanup of the fruit remains.  Apparently, there were random chopsticks in our backyard as well (what were they doing out there?), so, of course the obvious thing to do is to make swords--lemon swords.

lemonsword

I tried not to love it, but I couldn't help myself.

7 comments:

Valerie Koop said...

Well, if you can't make lemonade with them ... :)

I am soooo jealous of your citrus trees. It must be wonderful!

jamie hixon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AnnaBanana said...

Sara!!!So is this what I have to look forward to?!? That is minus the lemons!

Boys are priceless!

Anna

Hannah said...

ahww! thats pretty adorable in an odd way. :)

Turley Family said...

Well boys will be boys! I always amazed at their little minds and the creative ideas they get! Karstin thinks up some stuff that I just wonder how he came up with it. He would love the lemon swords!

Joanna said...

I am laughing so hard right now! Chopsticks! At least it wasn't a brownie or caramel poop! ;)

Amy Foote said...

sorry for the additional mischeif makers!