Sunday, August 23, 2009

the magic box

On Friday, Weston needed a little extra somethin' to get him through the morning and ready for school.  I asked him if he would like a list of the things he needed to do.  He could carry it around with him and check off each item as he accomplished it.  He liked the idea.  I (happily) noticed how quickly his demeanor changed from unmotivated to excited as he watched me make the list.

westonlist

I was so glad to see him checking things off his list and I was even more glad that I didn't have to remind (nag?) him to do them.

Just as Weston was finishing breakfast I noticed something extra he had added to the bottom of the list.

westonlist2

How could I resist that?  He even drew the little television beside it!

All I can say is that he is good, real good.

9 comments:

coca-cola angela said...

That is adorable that he added the TV. Hilarious. My sister took a picture of her son doing the various activies and printed a small version of them all on a sheet of paper, then laminated it. It's called his responsibility chart.

David said...

ka-lassic!

Valerie Koop said...

Thanks for putting a huge smile on my face. Hilarious!

Laurel said...

ahahahhhaaa! But seriously, I'm adding that to my to do list.

jamie hixon said...

That just made my afternoon.

Rachel said...

love him.

michelle rasor said...

he is so cute, and smart!

Heather said...

so sweet! I forgot you had a Weston. Dallan just had our fifth and final, a BOY! and we named him Weston! You can go check out pics of him at my blog if you want :)

Joanna said...

hahaha! that is so funny! very clever!