Monday, January 17, 2011

boston cream cupcakes

boscrmcupcakes

For stephen and rachel’s new year party this year I brought these cupcakes.  they were kind of yummy. 

*I made white cupcakes from a box mix.  Once they were cooled I split them in half, horizontally so I had a top and bottom.

*The filling is a large box of vanilla pudding which I made according to package directions, then I beat in 8 oz. of cream cheese (I whipped the cream cheese first by itself, then mixed it in with the pudding).

*For the chocolate on top I (think) I combined about 1 part cream to 3 parts chocolate. I heated the cream in the microwave until very hot, then poured it over the chocolate chips; stir until smooth.

To assemble I just put a spoonful of cream on the bottom 1/2 of the cupcake then replaced the top. After they were all filled I spread the ganache on the top.  (I didn’t make the ganache until I was ready to use it). To finish I dusted them with powdered sugar.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

um yum. these definitely need to make a reappearance.

Heather said...

so yum. and how did you change your font in the middle of a sentence?

Cindy said...

i'm gonna make these for hereafter...