Monday, December 26, 2011

the 24th

Christmas Eve never seems to have enough hours.

There is so much to cram into one day.

I always start off the day by going to the bread store to get my bread bowls for soup that night.  I brought two helpers along with me so they could smell the heavenly bread store smells on this Christmas Eve’s morn.

img_0393

Then the traditionalists that we are, we went for mexican food for lunch.

img_0408img_0402

This was, of course, just a  precursor to the next holiday-ish activity:

SHOOTING!

img_0420

img_0436

Who doesn’t go shooting on Christmas eve????

On the way home, Weston insisted we must make homemade cookies for Santa.

We just have to.

So we did.

(I was hoping to let this one slide by and make do with an already made goody for the jolly guy…but the boy was so emphatic)

img_0440

We round out the evening with creamy chicken noodle soup in bread bowls, reading Luke 2, opening new jammies and watching the old B&W version of A Christmas Carol. 

img_0456

It is one of my favorite days of the year because it is so full…of  us.

2 comments:

Valerie Koop said...

catching up on your blog. this one made me cry. you are such a good Mama, Sara. Your family is sooo lucky to call you their "home."

Valerie Koop said...

This post made me tear up. You are such a good Mama. Traditions and love and Mexican food. Seriously? Adore.