Thursday, March 19, 2009

chief of staff

I have a friend that I instantly bonded with the first time I met. I have a friend that took me under his wing, and showed me the ropes. I have a friend that helps me be a better person. I have a friend that I don't have to call every week to keep up with. I have a friend that I look up to, even though he is younger than me. I have a friend that even though we may not see each other for two years, it's like we've never been apart.

My friend is Wayne.

Last week Wayne was diagnosed with cancer. I was away on business, but happend to be in the city where he lives. I went to visit him in the hospital. It was just like old times... except my heart was breaking.

Before I left that day, I asked Wayne if we could pray together. As I prayed I asked Heavenly Father to bless his doctors, that they would guided.

As I walked out of the ICU, on the wall hung this picture.



As I looked at this picture I realized that I was looking at my prayer.

7 comments:

Heather said...

nice post Brian, I hope your friend is ok.

Anonymous said...

this leaves me with chills.Wayne and the whole Koop clan is in my prayers.

Larry said...

Brian, I have a friend who is doing his residency at the Cottage Hospital here in town. He tells that he cherishes walking the halls of his hospital late at night or in the very early hours of the day, before the dawn. He feels angelic presence there, particularly in the hospital wings where the most seriously ill patients are cared for. I believe him.

Rachel said...

love the picture. very sweet.

Valerie Koop said...

Bri,

I keep re-reading your post and it makes me cry each time I do. Wayne loves you so much and your visit meant the world to him. To US!

Thank you for being there.

Love,

Val

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the touching message. It was so good to see you and meant so much to me that you stopped up and shared a prayer with me. First round of chemo is down and am starting to feel better. Before too long we will be heading to Smashburger for another round!

Wayne

Cindy said...

Bri-I love you! you are amazing! Best wishes to Wayne and his family!