Wednesday, March 18, 2009

tidy

i feel a bit of anxiety when i am amid clutter.  i like things picked up.  neat spaces.  clear surfaces.  it brings me joy.  i am at peace when the dishwasher is running in the evening, counters are wiped down, floors are swept and toys are picked up. 

but sometimes, i like a few things out of place.  for example, my master bath tub is filled with toy pirates and a 6 inch plastic batman.  i smile every time i see them huddled around the drain.

i found a storm trooper in my garage freezer and i am happy to see him every time i open the door.

coldstormtrooper

 

today, i just giggled when i saw a ship being built in my entryway.

ship

the ship/fort/base will not see tomorrow, but for today i will let them build away.

3 comments:

Dan Hixon said...

I'm not as neat as you but I love finding Asher's little toys in strange places or in interesting configurations.

Rachel said...

love the lego in the freezer.

jamie hixon said...

Love the storm trooper in the freezer.