Sunday, March 28, 2010

Excuse me?

The other day, Sara and I were taking the kids out to dinner and a movie.  On the way to dinner Keaton was playing this game where he was trying to get someone to say the word “what.”  Knowing that game very well from my childhood, I listened to the questions being asked and the ways that Keaton was trying to trick someone into saying “what.”  After a few minutes I piped up and here is how the conversation went:

Me:  Hey Kea, what word are you trying to get us to say?

Keaton:  YOU JUST SAID IT!

{laughing and giggling from Keaton and Weston}

Me:  I didn’t say “it"”, I just asked what word you are trying to get us to say.

Keaton:  YOU JUST SAID IT AGAIN!

{more laughing and giggling}West

Me:  I didn’t say “it”.  Just tell me what word you are trying to get us to say.

This goes on for a few minutes.  Finally this stops – the boys frustrated, and me with a big smug smile on my face.  About 5 minutes later we hear the boys talking about the game again.

Keaton:  Let’s try and get him to say the word again.

Weston:  Nah, Dad doesn’t even know what the hell the word is.

I about crashed I was laughing so hard, I just couldn’t help it – the little stinker – it’s not that he used the word, but that he used it in perfect context.

I love that kid.

10 comments:

Valerie Koop said...

That's staying with me all day!

The best comedy material always comes out of a little boy's mouth, doesn't it?

jamie hixon said...

HA!!!!

Cindy said...

; )

Mike said...

how does it go? Apple does not fall far from the tree...

Laurel said...

Bwahahahaha!

♥Tami said...

That's awesome! And it makes me feel good that it happens at someone else's house too!

Leslie said...

I just fell off my seat...that was TOO FUNNY!

michelle rasor said...

Belly laughing! Awesome!

Where does he learn it?? :)

Justin Jarvis said...

That reminds me of a story where we were driving of the Hoover Dam and my little cousin chimes in and says, "One day I asked the dam man for some dam water. Then the dam man said I don't have any dam water. Fine, dam man you can keep you dam water." We all busted a gut because he was so little.

I miss coming over to home teach and enjoying Weston's enthusiasm.

Brian said...

"Enthusiasm" Good one. :)