Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Me & Kea

I am not a field-trip Mom.  I don't ever want to be at the zoo at someone else's leisure and I don't want to tell somebody else's child to toe the line.

Therefore, Brian has become a field-trip Dad, by default.  But my plans for him to accompany Keaton and his class to the play, "Peter and the Wolf" didn't quite pan out this year.  I guess he has to work sometimes.

So I became the field-trip Mom...and it was kinda nice.

SDC10535

I loved riding on the bus with Keaton and watching the world go by.  I loved sneaking him starbursts and holding hands.  I loved eating lunch with him and I loved that he is friends with everyone. 

I loved that Keaton introduced me to a boy that goes by "Chili" (not his real name) and it was just a matter of fact.

I  loved being with my boy, even on a field trip.

2 comments:

jamie hixon said...

Chili. That is awesome. How was the play?

By the way, I think you look younger with your dark hair. I mean, you have always looked 25, but now you look 24.

michelle rasor said...

all i have to say is you are one cute mom!!