Monday, July 5, 2010

Favorites from the 4th

Tina's Cucumber Salad

  • 3-4 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
  • 1 C. mayo
  • 1/4 C. sugar
  • 4 T. vinegar
  • 1/4-1/2 t. dill (to taste)
  • 1/4-1/2 salt (to taste)

Place sliced cucumbers in a bowl.  Mix up remaining ingredients and pour over cucumbers. Refrigerate until ready to serve,

It was simple and delish!

tinalee

Leg Wrestling

( or whatever it is called) 

( i don't really care what it is called because I stink at it.)

(but whatever it is called, it was highly entertaining)

wrestle

Beautiful Cake

4thcake

(to my chagrin, it looked better than it tasted.  darn, maybe next year i'll get it all right.)

Quote

"Oh, beautiful for heroes proved In liberating strife,                      

Who more than self their country loved, and mercy more than life! "

4 comments:

Rachel said...

all three pictures were highlights for me. But the middle picture was the highlight of my year.

Brian said...

Rachel - how bad do you want the video for "proof?"

$$ $$ $$ $$

Joanna said...

I'll pay for the video!!!! Looks like a fun day! And thanks for the recipe, I will for sure make it and enjoy it! :) And I am sure the cake tasted even better than it looked!

Leslie said...

You are just about the most entertaining and best blogger I know. Always, always love it.