Wednesday, February 23, 2011

cake

last year i resolved to learn how to use fondant. I know it wasn’t a particularly important or soul stirring resolution, but one i wanted to achieve, nonetheless.

one year came and went fondant-less.

i made the same resolution last month thinking that maybe this year would be the one.

this year probably would not have been fondant-full either if my talented friend Melissa hadn’t come along.

she offered me a spot in a small cake class she was teaching. I immediately said, “yes and please.”

cake1

it just so happened that the class was a few days before shelby’s birthday, so I made a special cake for my girl this year.

cake2

shelby’s favorite color (this month) is purple, so a purple cake it became.

4shelb12

check one off the list. yay!

7 comments:

Jennifer Knight said...

Sara, you are so talented! It's gorgeous. Did you do marshmallow fondant? And do you have a yummy buttercream recipe? I've been trying to find one but haven't had great success.

Mike said...

WOW!!

Cindy said...

what can i say? you make me sick with envy just doesn't seem that nice. I aspire to be you!

Unknown said...

Thats awesome!

By the way, I would feel comfortable if a surgeon operated on me in your kitchen.

Jessica said...

WOW. That cake looks amazing! Inside and out! Great job sister Steck!!

AnnaBanana said...

Very fun!

jamie hixon said...

That is AMAZING! I love edible art, and you did a mighty fine job there!