Thursday, January 24, 2008

God Works in Mysterious Ways


Being a mother of four children, often I am reminded about God through them. Sometimes it is a sweet moment where one of my children is spontaneously and truly kind to another. Sometimes it is Keaton's scared voice in the night, asking me to pray with him to help him feel brave, and then other times, it was like last night...

Weston has been experiencing "potty training" issues, on and off, for two years. Let's just say that yesterday was on "off" day, to say the least. (Something involving poop in the bathtub with a toilet paper clogged drain--yuk!) So after the mess was plunged, cleaned up and his little body rebathed, he was in bed for the night--EARLY!
Needless to say, he was very unhappy about this. I routinely ignored his crying out as I still was feeling angry about the whole episode. I was making my bed with newly laundered sheets when I heard his pleading voice from down the hall, "Mommy, I'm really, really sorry! In God's Way!"
Now, I am not exactly sure what he meant by God's way, but somehow those three little words replaced the anger I was feeling with a little tenderness for my sweet, albeit often stinky, little boy. Mysterious, indeed!

2 comments:

jamie hixon said...

I love the things you chose to put here... and I love the name of your blog! "Stecks in the City"-- that is classic!

Joanna said...

I can fully relate to this story! What a sweet little boy! I love that you invited me to your blog - I have one also - please check it out. I love hearing about you & your sweet family! Love & miss you!