Monday, January 11, 2010

the retouch

19254_1282689101864_1069191073_30913643_1814368_n[1]

My friend snapped this photo of me at The New Year Party of the New Decade.  I thought it was an okay picture...at first glance.  Upon second glance, I noticed the tragedy that is going on under my eyes.  Shimmery makeup isn't helping any situation, either.  Third glance brings to my attention the chunk of pepper or something in my teeth that nobody told me about.  

So for kicks I thought that I would do a little post editing... 

touched-up-sar

And it actually made me feel worse.  Vanity never brings happiness.  I suppose I need to embrace the aging around my eyes...either that or maybe give Bare Minerals a try?

15 comments:

Brian said...

I think you're a total hottie.

Larry said...

Looks pretty good to me!

Laurel said...

that's funny. I thought the first picture was gorgeous. As for bare minerals, I tried it. I'm still older and it makes my face itch, but only in the summer when I sweat. But not kidding, I couldn't stop itching my face.

Unknown said...

I was waiting for something in the post about the eye color change, and then in the comments.

New Lewis Happenings said...

You're beautiful just the way you are...on the inside and out. No retouch required in either case.

Stephen A. Hixon said...

stop fishing sis. you are a fine gal and looks don't matter.

Stephen A. Hixon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jamie hixon said...

Bare Minerals is currently making me very happy. I felt like any make up just accentuated my eye-wrinkles, but that stuff actually makes them less noticeable and it is supposedly good for my skin. Love it.

Lara said...

you are beautiful without the retouch!

Valerie Koop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delise said...

Another who loves Bare Minerals...but you are gorgeous no matter what!

michelle rasor said...

ok, i'm getting what you are saying! not on you of course, you are like a decade younger than i, but... :) so my eye lids are getting a little saggy! it's killing me! let me know if you try bare minerals!

Leslie said...

I'm going to take a picture of my sagging post-nursing boobs and then do a retouch. I may even post it and I don't think I will feel worse afterwards. :)

You are beautiful...I've always thought that.

Joanna said...

you are beautiful in both pix!!!!! and most important, you are beautiful inside!!!!

Heather said...

ok just for the record I photoshop most of my pictures especially my nose in a side view. When I looked at your pictures I thought these don't need photoshoped so I left them as is. It is funny how we see things in ourselves that no one else sees. you look great with out the touchups. Me on the other hand is saving up for a chemical peel and a nose job. ;)