Monday, September 27, 2010

a journey

Our prophet spoke to the women of the church on Saturday night and my soul was stirred.  He spoke of charity and I knew I could  be better.

Two quotes that I focused on were these:

“I have in mind the charity that manifests itself when we are tolerant of others and lenient toward their actions; the kind of charity that forgives; the kind of charity that is patient.”

“Charity is having patience with someone who has let us down; it is resisting the impulse to become offended easily. It is accepting weaknesses and shortcomings.”

I resolved to be different.

Then Sunday came.

More specifically Sunday afternoon came.

Two brothers + two sisters= fighting, tormenting, teasing, tears, one long red scratch behind an ear, a scraped up thigh.

And then I lost it.  Twice.

So quickly forgotten were thoughts of being patient and forgiving.

mamajob

So glad I have another day to keep on trying.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

at least you didn't get mad about your home teachers coming. And I would love to compare our definitions of losing it.

Brian said...

Proverbs 13:24
He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

michelle rasor said...

ok, i think i'm crying. thank you brian. and sara, you are just yummy.

Cindy said...

what Brain said...

remember-Even Heavenly father isn't always serving cake and ice cream...