Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Vacation Day #12

Sunday.

The routine is pretty much always the same, but on vacation the scenery differs.  Church was lovely  (especially because Brian could put his arm around me during the meetings) and Sunday dinner was delicious as usual.

Even more delicious than the fresh corn on the cob and the raspberries at dinner, was sitting out back in the evening cool, listening to Grammaline tell stories of Brian when he was little.  We laughed until we hurt. 

We also munched on homemade oreo cookies, which can make a good story a great one.

Oreo Cookies

  • 1 box devils food cake mix
  • 3/4 C. shortening
  • 2 eggs

Mix together and roll in to balls.  Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.  Once the cookies are cooled, spread your favorite frosting on the bottom of one cookie and top it with another one.

oreos

2 comments:

ahixon said...

Homemade oreos are some of my kids favorite! Easy and delish!

Valerie Koop said...

I love stories of Wayne when he was a kid, too. I love the look on his face even more when his Dad tells a good one - like, "Well, of course I did that ... I was a kid! But now I'm perfect." :)