Monday, July 21, 2008

Vacation Day #3 (part two)

After the feasting festivities of the 4th, we made our way over to my old stake center from the days of my youth for a great view of the fireworks show at a near by park.  It was an awesome show...the kind where the music paired with the bursting lights brings tingles and tears.

Besides the "proud to be an American" feeling, that evening held two other things of note. 

The first was, as much as I enjoyed watching the light show, I had a difficult time taking my eyes off of my children's illuminated faces.  I loved to watch the captivated wonder.  I loved the way the light flickered across their bright eyes and excited expressions.   I guess I had a "proud to be a mama" feeling, too.

granwes4th  

{Grandpa and his pal, Weston}

girls4th

{The girls with me}

brikea4th

{Brian and Keaton}

The second noteworthy occurrence happened just before the fireworks show.  As I mentioned earlier, we were at my old stake center.  I had not been there for at least 14 years.  We spent the evening outside on the lawn, but Keaton managed to get cupcake frosting all over his hands, so I took him inside the church building to wash up.  I walked in the back door and the smell instantly brought me back.  It smelled like stake dances!  Memories came flooding in and I was once again, amazed at the power of smell.  I thought of dancing, flirting, giggling and anticipating the slow dances.  I daresay I had a "proud to be a mormon girl" feeling, as well.

2 comments:

AnnaBanana said...

I love your blog! What a great set up with your family pics on the side. . . I may have to do a little redo of ours. It was great fun to go to ZUPAS with you. I hope your trip home was uneventful!

Joanna said...

I am right there with you in my mind Sar!