Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vacation Day #15

campfire

We went up the canyon and cooked hobo dinners.  Doesn't Bri build a good fire?  It is one of the many things I love about him.  He is just so darn capable!

Keaton obviously wants to follow in his father's footsteps because that boy could not keep his little body more than two feet away from this pit of flames.  He poked it.  He prodded it.  He kindled it.  When it was almost dead, he resuscitated the few glowing embers with giant breaths of life until the fire danced again. 

firekeeper2a

He was THE Stoker of the Fire and THE Keeper of the Flames .

I'm not quite done with my story because everyone knows the perfect ending to a campfire story is the perfect golden mallow...

mallow

Let's zoom in on that beauty, shall we?

mallow2

mmmmm...a heavenly confection.

4 comments:

ahixon said...

I really hope you have some grahams and chocolate to go with that perfect mallow!!!

David said...

Looks like a lot of fun. The mallow looks scrumptious too.

Leslie said...

What a flippin' perfect marshmallow. I have new respect for you.

Rachel said...

No burned ones in honor of me eh?