Saturday, February 7, 2009

Secret Service

Book a hotel... in secret.

Buy three day park hopper passes to Disneyland ...in secret.

Gather coordinating outfits...in secret.

Pack a family of six ...in secret.

Hidden in the laundry room, secretly shove candies in to a Mickey Mouse pez dispenser to tuck in to sack dinners.

mickeypez

Go to church on Sunday, but secretly skip out during sunday school to pack the meals to eat on the way.

sack lunch

(peppered turkey sandwiches, carrots &  orange and red peppers with dip, kettle chips, sliced strawberries, fresh chocolate chip cookies, juice box)

By the time I got back to the church to teach my lesson, my heart was about to beat out of my chest.  I literally saw the pendant on my necklace rise and fall with every thump.  I'm not sure I am cut out for secretive and sneaky, but it was a pretty fun surprise.

9 comments:

Valerie Koop said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You.

This may be my favorite Mom-moment yet. You really are fantastic.

Please tell us how the kids reacted!

Sara said...

val-shrill, high pitched screaming for about 17 seconds!

Joanna said...

that is the funnest thing ever! when I grow up I want to be just like you!

jamie hixon said...

Wow, that rocks. They are going to remember that forever.

Leslie said...

We pulled Taylor and Carter out of school a couple of years ago and surprised them with D-land too. (we left Tate). It makes you feel like a little kid again!

Delise said...

What a fun surprise! And you pulled it off on a RS teaching day!? Impressive Super Woman!

♥Tami said...

What a fun mom! And a great memory you've created for your kids!

michelle rasor said...

that is the best secret ever! how fun! it makes me want to pack and go... today!

katie and co. said...

I am LOVING that you and Tina did this. We've done something similar but not SO well planned. LOVE IT! LOVE ALL OF IT!