Saturday, September 6, 2008

I'm Having a Senior Moment

It is not because my Mom and Dad stayed with us this week.

It is not because I am feeling old.

It is not because my knee hurts from my spin class.

It is simply because my senior picture from high school stares at me from my desktop every time I log on to my computer. It is a leftover from my precious hair blog post that did not quite make the cut.

I thought it might be good for a giggle today.

seniorhair

Love the gold chain.

Love the huge red blazer.

Love the shoulder pads.

A true gem.

(And by the way, how hard would it have been for the photographer to poke his head out from behind the lens and tell me to straighten my collar?)

11 comments:

ahixon said...

Maybe the photographer was too busy staring at your beautiful face to notice the aforementioned collar. Perhaps you stood your collar up on purpose. You know, like Michael Jackson,or something. I didn't even notice it. Even with even bigger hair than me your are a beautiful girl!

Brian said...

I absolutely, positively love this picture!

SMOOOOCH!

michelle rasor said...

I did notice the collar, but thought that was part of the look! :)

New Lewis Happenings said...

That's awesome!

Stephen A. Hixon said...

since I've seen all those old pictures of mom, you look alot like her in this one.

Valerie Koop said...

You are gorgeous! And you still look 18. I'd post one of my senior pictures of to poke fun at, but I had not yet discovered tweezers.

Joanna said...

What a beautiful girl! Then & now!

Leslie said...

All I want to know is how come this picture didn't make first cuts? I love it!

Delise said...

I think we were hair twins back then...scary and true.

Robert and Natalie said...

okay didn't I hear that the photography sent you roses after he took those photos of you and I think I remember Jason Wiltsey running around with your photo telling everyone he was dating you! I am snooping cause Im bored I hope you don't mind. :) I miss your pretty face why don't you visit one of your sisters here in Simi some time

Murline said...

Didn't bring a giggle to me at all--just another moment of admiration at how beautiful you are.