Monday, December 15, 2008

He's Got Heart

I woke up this morning, looked at the clock and realized that school was just about to start. I coughed half the night away so my internal wake-up alarm was a bit off. I scrambled out of bed and hurried to get the kids up and ready. We were amazingly pretty fast.

Just before the grand exodus, I helped Weston with his tennis shoes. I started to cough again as I finished with the velcro straps.

After my coughing subsided, Weston wrapped his little arms around my neck and nuzzled his precious nose on my cheek. He stammered,"I hope you...I hope you..."

It took a moment before he realized what he wanted to say,"I hope Jesus Christ will help heal the sick away."

Honey-Pie.

This is the same boy that hollers, "You are MEAN!", almost daily.

This is the same boy that often throws two-year-old tantrums, even though he is five.

This is the same boy that can't help that he has a passionate heart.

westonjoy

4 comments:

michelle rasor said...

What a sweet, beautiful boy. You just have to love him... look at that face.

And with Macy's ladder request, she totally reminded me of Averey. I asked her why she wanted a ladder and she said to climb up, like i was a big silly. She just totally reminded me of Av at that age, wanting something completely random and not getting why you don't understand. Quite an imagination!

jamie hixon said...

Sweet Weston!

Laurel said...

A passionate heart: Hard for little bodies to handle sometimes but make for amazing adults. By the by: I hope Jesus makes you better, too. Nothing worse than a cold at Christmas!

Amy said...

sooo cute!! We miss you guys! Loved the Christmas picture! xoxo