Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Penny for your Thoughts

piggybank

Weston came down to breakfast this morning with one hand shoved in his pocket. He got up on to the barstool, still, with one hand shoved in his pocket.

I asked him what was in his pocket and he answered, "Nothing."

I asked if he was sure about that because I really thought there was something in his pocket.

After a few seconds to think it over, he decided to come clean. He pulled out a handful of coins, spilling them on the floor.

I asked, "Did you want to take that money to school?"

He said, "Yes, because my friend Christopher broke his toy and I want to buy him a new one."

Oh! Sweetest boy ever!

I helped him put the money in a bag to give to Christopher.

westonsmoney
Then he asked me, "Can you give me ten?"

His generosity was still sugaring up my heart, so I started to pull some coins out of my wallet to add to the toy fund. Weston stopped me, "No, I already have ten cents...I want a straight one, you know, ten dollars."

LOVE my boy!

8 comments:

jamie hixon said...

So... did you give it to him? ;-)

That is so sweet.

Valerie Koop said...

what a honey!

Heather said...

ya I want to know what you did? He is such a nice boy.

Rachel said...

sweetie pie.

Joanna said...

oh, that is the sweetest story ever! What a sweet, sweet boy!!!

Sara said...

i did not give him the straight one...

michelle rasor said...

anytime you do want to give a straight one, just have him write m-i-c-h-e-l-l-e on a baggie.

Delise said...

He seems so tender hearted and sweet! Aren't they so funny at this age? Love it!