Monday, February 15, 2010

all you need is love & chinese take out

westonvalentine

Four years ago, I unknowingly started a Valentine's Day tradition.  Brian was going to be out of town and I didn't want to sit around feeling sorry for myself, so I decided to make my own fun.  I ordered takeout chinese food from P.F. Chang's, and told the kids to go upstairs until I called them down for dinner.  I set dinner on the floor, lit some candles and sprinkled some candy hearts around their plates.  I put  Mulan in the dvd player to watch while we ate our meal (normally,the t.v. is never invited to dinner).  When the kids came down they were delighted.   So, the stage was set for Valentine's Dinner from then on.

IMG_3224

(2008)

val-dinner09

(2009)

 val-dinner10

(2010)

Last night we watched Kung Fu Panda instead of Mulan, Weston mostly ate chocolate, but the  tradition is still going strong.

2 comments:

Valerie Koop said...

I love this post. I love this idea. I love the way you decorate with cute Valentine plates and candles and candy. Love, Love, Love ...

Jenifer said...

That is the best! Love all the valentines decor. Traditions are the best to have. Your kids will never forget them