Tuesday, February 23, 2010

her birthday

shelb-bday1

We celebrated a birthday last week, and as always, it was a little bittersweet for me.  I love the person that Shelby is growing into but I miss the little girl she was.

shelb-bday6

MarApr02 069

Mar04 022

Aug04 038

She does not call Keaton her little "grother" anymore.

She does not refer to the jewelry on her wrist as her "tracelet".

Her hair styles are not dictated by the Disney princesses.

BUT--she still is sweet and tenderhearted, nurturing and FUN.

Love this girl.

Always.

IMG_6075

5 comments:

jamie hixon said...

Oooh that little Shelby is cute, was cute, and will always be cute. She is so sweet, and I miss my shadow. I guess being glued to my side isn't as cool as it was when she was much smaller.
You have some really wonderful pictures.

Jenifer said...

They grow up so quickly. You kids are all so beautiful!

Rachel said...

the one in the pink flower shirt seems like yesterday. love it.

Leslie said...

Your kids are going to love all of this when they are older. You really know how to document in a creative, fun, special way. She's such a cutie.

Joanna said...

Sweet post! Happy Birthday (late)