Thursday, February 11, 2010

something pretty

"Practical" is probably not the first word that comes to mind when someone is searching for adjectives to describe me.  Sometimes I get teased a little about my "impracticalities".  And that is okay...I don't mind. 

I distinctly remember being at a mall with  toddler Katie and buying her a new outfit because she got the one she was wearing got dirty.  I am sure I did the same thing with  baby Shelby.  However, I know for certain that  Weston's shirt got turned around to hide the spills...and sometimes even put on inside out.   I think that with more children has come a little more practicality and sometimes decisions are based on what is quickest, cheapest, and easiest. 

But sometimes I do things that are not quickest, cheapest,  or easiest.  

786259053_img_4281

I thought it might be fun to make hair flowers for the girls in Shelby's class for Valentine's Day.  When I mentioned it to Shelby, her eyes lit up.  I knew then that we would do it. 

786258920_img_4280

We assembled and glued twenty hair flowers last night.  It took about two hours.  But it was worth every impractical minute because we spent the time together.

(cards were made by my talented friend Annie)

3 comments:

Valerie Koop said...

Oh! I love them! I bet Shelby is the most adored girl in class. Kinda like her Mama. ;)

Katie said...

What an adorable idea Sara! Love it. You are so talented. I would love to hear where you find your fun bling for the centers. I am always looking for new ideas.
Thanks, Katie Murset

Turley Family said...

thanks for the shout out! i had fun making them for my sweet shelby! we need to get together when you get ps elements and play!