Saturday, May 24, 2008

Five Years Ago...

...I was able to hold my second son, Weston, for the first time and kiss his soft, newborn face.

May03 046 

I didn't know then, as I cradled him in my arms, what a big life was wrapped up in that tiny body.  I have since learned, in our half decade together, that this boy lives a passionate life.  Whether it is kissing or biting, singing or screaming, he does it with vigor.  It seems as though he is loving or hating...no halfway in between. 

westcry

I love the way he sings, in kind of a Rock Star kind of way(silent night, holy night...all night long!).  I adore the way he asks questions--statements with a question mark at the end (you can fix this?  i can have a snack?  somebody can help me?)  I can't get enough of his abundant hugs and kisses.  I never tire of hearing his infectious laugh that he shares with us often.  My heart melts as he sleepily staggers in my room in the middle of the night , climbs in my bed and cuddles in close.  He is one of a kind and I am glad he's mine!

bdayweston

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Happy Birthday! The last picture looks so much like Brian! What a cute little boy!

Jennifer Knight said...

Wow - what day was his birthday? My youngest son turned 5 on May 23. They are so fun at this age...big enough to do a lot on their own, young enough to still love to cuddle with mama.