Monday, May 5, 2008

Opposites Attract

My husband is usually hot, while I am more often cold (especially after I eat.)  My hubby loves all things meaty (sausagey and bacony, too) and I love all things fruity.  He laughs at all jokes, even if he has heard it 17 times, as if it is the first time he has heard it and it is a sincere, hearty laugh.  I only laugh if it is REALLY funny.  I love the soft center of the bread, he eats the crusts. He giggles when he gets a punch in the face and I cry when I hit my funny bone. I love to dress up while he loves to dress down.  He can ride a bike and...never mind that one.  He is athletic and I love being the benchwarmer (it is safer there.)  He is FUN and I am not so fun...

For example, I would never actually orchestrate this for our Family Home Evening-- cokementos

mentos3

cokementos2

--but Brian did.  Yep, that's right...he did the Diet Coke and Mentos thing.  The kids loved it.  So did the Dad.  I tried to come up with a life lesson to attach to it to give it some meaning, but I was a little lacking in that department.   The squeals of excitement made up the difference tonight.  I felt so grateful that we are a good team and our differences compliment each other and the kids were just very grateful that they got to see a cool explosion.

9 comments:

Jenn said...

One thing you both have in common is that you're both the most sincer and kind people I know. You set a really great example as good family that does whats right but still in a fun way! That's a gift!

Heather said...

what a BLAST!

David said...

You are too fun, Sara, just not in an explosives kind of way. Nice contrast.

Debbie said...

I hope you don't mind me commenting, but I couldn't resist. I think it's vital that your children get a chance to see that while you both have differences you work together to make a family work. That's huge! And even if there isn't a point to every activity, it's that you were doing it together, right? Looked like great fun.

New Lewis Happenings said...

Brian's face in that last picture is KILLING me!! I can only imagine what he is thinking at that very moment...
Too Funny!!

Rachel said...

I'm with Tina, Brian's face says it all.

Brian said...

I'm pretty sure at that very moment I was thinking, "THIS IS SOOO COOL - TEE HEE HEE HEEEE!"

The Kriloff Klan said...

Hey there! I came across your blog through the Mallett's! My Layton & your Keaton are good buddies & we would love to have him over some time! Great blog! Your family is darling & I loved this post about being opposites! That is exactly how my husband & I are! It is a good match!
Jennifer

Joanna said...

What a fun thing! I think we want to come live with you guys - you are always doing fun stuff & eating yummy stuff too! You (Sar & Bri) are so wonderful - great parents!!!! You compliment eachother perfectly!!!!