Monday, May 12, 2008

Thanks Uncle Mike

The other day I received an unexpected gift from one of Sara's brothers.  He handed me a bag of Georgia Ice Cream (grits) and Gritssaid when he saw this he thought of me (I love that others know that my personality is directly tied to my stomach).

Sunday morning I made breakfast which consisted of the gifted grits into which I mixed eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese, butter, and a lot of pepper (to be fair, it was a lot of butter too).

The kids and I were well fed.  Sara ate Cookie Crisp.

For those of you with calculating minds - yes, that was what I made for Mother's Day breakfast.  But at least I did the dishes... uh... at least I think I did... sheesh.. how did those get done??

3 comments:

New Lewis Happenings said...

Sounds extremely similar to Mother's Day at my house.

;)

Laurel said...

Mr. Wicke loves grits! I am learning to appreciate them--with lots of salt and butter.

Joanna said...

I think I would be eating Cookie Crisp with Sara too! That was sweet of Mike to do that though! I should send you some good ol' southern food from here - I'll keep my eyes out for you....