Friday, October 31, 2008

Gimme A Break

Fall Break proved to be fabulous this year. We took a break from all the craziness and ran for the hills--well, not the hills, but the mountains.

We rented a cabin in Show Low for three nights. It was perfect.

We explored and took long walks.

keatonexplore

We played at the nearby playground.

swingin

slide

westonswing

We played Phase 10 and Canasta for hours. (I love my competitive face in this shot..."Seriously, you are not laying down again!")

canasta

I loved being able to set aside all the things I needed to get done at home and just...be.

cabinkids

8 comments:

David said...

Look gorgeous. Glad you went. Nice bum.

Rachel said...

This reminds me that I need a break.

Brian said...

... yeah... thanks David. I'm pretty sure that is my best side.

Brian said...

... yeah... thanks David. I'm pretty sure that is my best side.

Joanna said...

how fun! I'm jealous...I want to head for the hills too!

Valerie Koop said...

Oooh, that looks so nice. What a great idea.

Laurel said...

What a great vacation! I love those short little getaways. It was fun visiting with you two Sat. night.

ahixon said...

I wish we had a fall break! I wish I was in the mountains with you! I love canasta! What a cute family you are!