Thursday, October 23, 2008

Twelve is Terrific

  Kate turned 12 last week.  This is a milestone birthday in our home so we threw a birthday bash with an asian flair to celebrate.

kate12.1

Kate is beautiful on the inside and out.

 kate12.3

The table ( I am still all-a-wonder about the fact that Target happened to have this stuff in their dollar spot after I decided to do an asian themed party--what luck!)

kate12.4

The party guests.

kate12.7

Chinese food, including crab angels, Kate's favorite.

kate12.8 

Chocolate dipped fortune cookies on a chocolate-chocolate chip cupcake.

kate12.9

She made a wish and blew out the candles. 

(I love that although she is growing up to be an amazing young woman...she is still young enough to change in to a reindeer shirt she made in kindergarten for the painting-paper-lantern project.)

12 comments:

jamie said...

I love it!! That looks like quite a fun and beautiful party. Your kids are so lucky to have you as a mom. (Can I hire you for my family's birthdays??)

Lara said...

What a great party!!! And, TWELVE??? She looks beautiful...looks like a great day.

Valerie Koop said...

You really know how to throw a party. Everything is so pretty ... and Kate is just gorgeous. It's hard to believe she is twelve when it seems like a moment ago when I met her as an itty bitty baby girl.

Happy Birthday, Kate!

michelle rasor said...

Happy Birthday Katie! She does look older... Yikes. Rian is only months away.
**And i cannot believe how tiny Lennox looks. :) A couple of years really makes a difference.

Joanna said...

What a fun party! Cute cute beauty of a girl!

ahixon said...

Beautiful girl! Fun party. What are crab angels? They sound yummy.

Sara said...

crab angels are basically cream cheese wrapped in a wonton, then fried--you know--super healthy food!

Turley Family said...

You have a beautiful family! I just love to read your posts to see what comments your kids make! I just love the rule Keaton wants to change about eating upstairs!

And 12 years old! Wow that is really close to the teens! I still can't believe my big guy is 4 years old.

Shauna said...

Once again I am impressed by your flair and amzing talent. Everything looked beautiful. . . especially Katie! Happy Belated Birthday to her.

katie and co. said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it all! Your party looks like it turned out so well! I think this is such a fun idea. Way to go and great job for making it so special. I am sure she will always remember it!

Leslie said...

You should get paid. I don't know by who, but you should get paid. That party looks like perfection...just like Katie.

Murline said...

Boy do I love that girl!