Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thinking Out of the Box


I realized something about myself today--I have a slight addiction to pretty packaging. Now, I have known for quite some time that I do enjoy making a gift look good. I have a stock of tulle ribbon, organdy ribbon, clear cello bags and white chinese food boxes so I can doll something up at a moments notice. It was not until today, however, that I realized how deep the feeling runs through my soul.
I was at Michael's craft store (I was just going to be in there for a minute to grab plate hangers) when I happened down an aisle filled with assorted sizes of gift boxes, gift bags and patterned chinese food boxes. Literally, my pulse quickened as my eyes scanned the merchandise. I wanted to grab at least two of everything. My mind started creating all sorts of pretty packages with ribbon and tulle and flowers. I felt excited as I stood in that aisle for at least 20 minutes. I could not walk away and leave it all there. I had to buy a box...or maybe two.
It was probably a good thing that I did not grab a cart on my way in the store so I only ended up with six printed chinese food boxes, one package of cello bags, five spools of ribbon, and one sweet, small white box. I think I might need some professional help!

4 comments:

Brian said...

uh... "slight addiction"??

You are the best!

Rachel said...

Oooooh great find! I love your pretty packaging addiction. I love when I get to re-use it!!

Joanna said...

I really have to laugh at this one, since I just mailed your bday gift to you this very day & I didn't even wrap it! Maybe you can wrap it in something pretty, then open it. :) You have a reason to go back & get more pretty packages!

David said...

We defintely came from different ends of the gene pool. I put Kara's birthday gift in the first used gift bag I could find - Easter I think - and taped it closed. No tissue. No tulle. On average, maybe we are normal.