Friday, February 15, 2008

Toothless

A couple of weeks ago, as Keaton climbed into the car after school, he was bursting with BIG news--he had his first loose tooth!

He asked Brian to pull it out that very night. Bri gave it some good tugs but it just wasn't ready. So, Keaton worked on that tooth and asked his Dad to pull it out almost every night.

Finally, Tuesday night it was ready. Brian gave it a good yank and got it out. Keaton shrieked with excitement and ran to look in the mirror. Wrong move! He got one glimpse of the blood and suddenly felt sick. He went pale and started staggering around. I gathered him in my arms and felt his little heart racing. Brian brought a cool cloth for his forehead. He laid there and weakly mumbled, "I got the wind knocked out of me."

I was trying not to laugh at his plight, but I know this kid is not a wimp! He has fallen out of a tree on his head, got seven stitches in his foot without so much as a wimper, but here he was "man down" at the sight of a teensy bit of blood. A few minutes of soothing and the anticipation of the tooth fairy brought back our excited boy, but I will always remember this face....

4 comments:

New Lewis Happenings said...

Too Funny!!! Poor little bunny!!

Rachel said...

He makes me laugh. I can totally picture him saying that!

clarke fam said...

He probably got that from Brian -- I heard he had similar reactions on the ice. This is Brandon Clarke, on old missionary companion of Brian's. What a great looking family! Thanks for inviting me over Brian. We definitely need to hook up. I go to Mesa on business occassionally, so which ever of us come to town first let's do it.

Joanna said...

What a sweet little face! Congrat's on the 1st tooth! Yay!