Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Charmed Life

I have recently been adopted into a book club. Tina (yes, the same Tina who is the "quirky tagger", tall birthday cake and mini maple syrup bringer) assured me that I was welcome and not intruding on their long time book club.

I was unsure about being a host, so Tina and I are doing it together this week. She picked both "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" books (btw...laugh out loud must reads!) for the girls to enjoy this month. She is planning on making a yummy dessert and I thought it would be a great idea to have some kind of a cheese fondue or something to honor the "cheese touch" in the book...(see, if you have not read the books you do not know what I am talking about and everyone needs to know about the cheese touch!)

Now, the sad but true fact is that I am a little more preoccupied with the presentation of the cheese than I am the way it tastes...I should be scouring around for recipes, but instead I have been thinking about getting these obscure little wire sign holders from this fun, little downtown shop, to place in front of the cheese dip. My sister-in-law bought the one and only holder they had in the store months ago, so it was a long shot that they would even have it. I have debated in my mind, back and forth whether or not to even go looking for them, because I knew I would be disappointed if I made the trip down there and came home empty handed.

As fate would have it, Tina and I were downtown today, just minutes away from the possibility of these little sign holders. We decided to chance it and as we walked in the store two sign holders practically smacked me in the face. There were several different sizes and colors...I loved them all! I felt a new quirk coming on...collecting sign holders! I limited myself to just buying two of them and as I walked out of the store I related to Tina how my mom always told me that I lead a charmed life...and in that moment, feeling buttery Arizona sunshine, holding my dreamy sign holder purchase, I believed my mom was right!

IMG_3313

7 comments:

Heather said...

Sara I love your sign holders. They are so you! :)

Rachel said...

Love them.

Joanna said...

those are the cutest things!

Lara said...

so cute!!! aren't book clubs the best?! I'll have to suggest that book to mine. we are contriving our book list next week. happy belated b-day too.

Val said...

No fair! I have yet to find a cute little downtown store in CO that would sell anything half as cute as the sign holders. Darling!

New Lewis Happenings said...

I loved your little sign holders, and thanks to you, the display and your yummy food made it perfect!! (Expecially since my dessert flopped!!) What would I do without you??? You "pretty-up" my world!!

Brian said...

... she pretty-ups mine too.