Monday, March 3, 2008

Bedtime Stories

Weston cuddled up to me on the couch and asked me to tell him a story. I entertained him with a story about a tired little boy, who protested, "I'm not tired." but in the end, fell fast asleep. I was hoping to send a sleepy vibe to Weston through the story, but instead he wanted more. I asked him to tell me a story instead, and this is what he came up with...

"Once upon a time a little boy and his dad went camping. They had a campfire, s'mores, and tinfoil dinners. They went to sleep in their tent. Then there was a big Mario Monster who came and smashed their tent and their campfire. Then the Mario Monster said,'I'm sorry' [in a growling voice] and then fixed everything. The End."

I loved to hear the workings of his four year old mind...he told me another one that included a key, a treasure chest, and locked inside was a "big, big, nice, nice EVIL!" He is such a boy! Gone are the days of magical dresses or beautiful princess stories. But I don't mind because with his sweet face close to mine as he is snuggled in tight, any story is a great story!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

How cute! I know all about boy stories, sadly I don't have any princess stories or beautiful dress stories...but they are sweet to hold & love & cuddle. Cute pic! You look exactly the same - beautiful!