Thursday, March 13, 2008

Work It Girl!

I have been going to the gym, somewhat faithfully, for about six months now. I have yet to experience the rush of a good workout. Maybe it is because my workouts aren't good? I don't know if they are or not, but I think it is because I am not really a "gym " person. In fact, there is about two things that I like about going to the gym and neither of them have much to do with the actual facility.

First, I think it is fun to be with Tina, side by side, on the elliptical machine, so we can talk, chat, catch up, philosophize, joke, laugh, brainstorm, and sometimes complain. I could not imagine doing that alone...I would get some weird looks.

The second, and last, thing I like about going to the gym is that it has provided me with a new genre of clothes to buy. Seriously, the first time I went, I dressed in some lounge/pajama pants {I think I wore them to bed the night previous} and an old t-shirt that had been relegated to the pajama drawer, the one and only pair of sporty type socks I owned, and lastly some cute tennies--not athletic footwear--I think they were Rocket Dogs. Once at the gym, I realized that my outfit would never do! Since then, I have discovered that I love gym pants, the comfy loose fitting ones with stripes down the side. I have bought about seven pairs of those and some New Balance tennies and, of course, some more sporty socks.

So, I realize I am not a typical gym person. I suppose I am more of a person who dutifully goes to the gym, looking to fashion and friendshipping to get me through resistance 8 on that blessed elliptical machine.

3 comments:

New Lewis Happenings said...

You DO work it, girl!! And besides...good work out or not, it's great for the social aspect...Right???

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara,
I have found that the "work out high" only happens at Nordstrom when you are able to wear a smaller size! :)

I love the Steck blog and I am trying to talk Wayne into starting one, too.

It's so nice to read what you guys are up to --

Val

Joanna said...

Way to go Sara! I've been going to the gym since January...It makes time go by quickly when you have someone to talk to. :)