Tuesday, March 4, 2008

This Makes Me Happy...

...four bottles of homemade strawberry freezer jam.  Most things in my life are not homemade.  I love our modern conveniences, but there is something in me that has a nostalgia about a time that I never lived in.  When I make jam or banana bread or baking powder biscuits I feel a connection to the homemakers of days gone by.  I even bought a cute apron from anthropologieapron to tie around my waist when I am feeling especially June Cleaver-ish.  Unfortunately, the apron doesn't always work...pasta still comes from a box and the cream soups still come from a can.  BUT, Shelby will have fabulous jam to go with her peanut butter sandwiches made from my own two hands.  Go June!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Molly, oh I mean June,ok Sara. If you care to share your jam recipe I would love to have it.

Rachel said...

I love this jam.

Sara said...

Heather...this is where my homemadeness starts to dissipate a little...go buy a box of sure-jell, strawberries and sugar...then follow the directions for freezer jam n the sure-jell box...I am sure in days of old, the did not have boxes of sure-jell...

Heather said...

Oh very easy, thanks.

Joanna said...

YUM!!! That looks so delicious! ( I want you to know that I looked that word up to make sure I spelled it right & I did! I'm getting better at this spelling thing!) You rock Sara! Tried any jello cake lately? I had some extra croissant dough from dinner the other night & I was thinking about those marshmallow cinn/sugar things we made wraped up in the croissants - remember? I was going to try to make them but didn't have any marshmallows left....

Heather said...

Sara you've been tagged. See my blog! :)

Sara said...

you always gotta have mallows on hand!

p.s. i love your spelling! it is endearing!

Larry said...

I hope there's some left for me in 10 days!