Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Posh Steck?

Does anyone see a resemblance?



While browsing in one of the fine souvenir shops in downtown Sedona (you know the kind... the hot items are bags of rocks, wolverine blankets and little bottles of gold floating in water) I was stopped by the lovely shopkeeper--she matched her store--to inform me that I looked just like "one of the dixie chicks, Posh...you know...the one married to a tennis player."

Startled, (because I was seriously expecting her to say the girl on 'Saved by the Bell'..I got that a lot in Jr. High), I replied, "You mean Posh Spice married to that Beckham guy?"

She affirmed, "Yep, that's the one...you look like Posh Spice."

Now, the only reason that I knew who she was talking about, even though I am a bit embarrassed to admit it, is because Posh was one of the guest judges on Project Runway this season. Otherwise, I would not have had a clue as to which "Dixie Chick" she was comparing me to.

Laughingly I responded, "Wow. No one has ever told me that before." Then I quickly skeedaddled away before she tried to sell me an plastic entombed scorpion.

4 comments:

Larry said...

You are way cuter...just ask Brian, he will readily agree!

Brian said...

AAAAAAAmen.

Jennifer Knight said...

Hi Sara - it's Jen Van Laar - I agree - you are way cuter. She is too skinny! In Jr. High were they saying you looked like Kelly on Saved by the Bell?

Anyway - what a cute family you have. Love to catch up sometime. I first saw your blog a few weeks ago while on a road trip with hubby - he was driving and I was having fun with my laptop. Within a few exits I was talking about "I don't want to stop there because it looks like their bathrooms are crusty." He's looking at me like, "Crusty? Since when did you start saying that?" I then realized that in my mind I was back in Simi Valley circa 1989 or so...if only the blogs could bring my body back to 1989 we'd be in business!

Unknown said...

Next year Halloween costumes. Brian with a little make up here and there and a Man-U jersey will be Beckam's clone.