Wednesday, March 19, 2008

When I Grow Up

Sunday evening, Dad was sharing with us some of his favorite songs from his extensive i-tunes list. I was impressed with the variety of music genres. He loves classical, country, oldies and some contemporary music. He would click on a song, then his laptop would start bouncing and his tongue would start clicking to the beat.

He played several old love songs in a row, commenting that each song reminds him of his wife. Mom would look over, pink cheeked, eyes twinkling, softly smiling, like a woman loved. Dad clicked on "Misty" and Mom hinted, "If I hear much more of these songs, I am going to need to dance." Dad was up in a heartbeat and pulled Mom to the "dance floor."

They held each other and danced, while Johnny Mathis crooned,"Don't you notice how hopelessly I'm lost? That's why I'm following you." Now, Mom's balance is not as good as it used to be and Dad never was much like Fred Astaire, but it really didn't matter, they still danced. I saw, that night, what I want to be when I grow up.

phonebooth

8 comments:

Heather said...

This is why you blog. Sara that is one of those moments that would be forgotten if you didn't write about it, and who would want to forget that. That is the sweetest story, your parents are some of my favorite people.

New Lewis Happenings said...

That's such a sweet story. Your parents are so cute!

Rachel said...

So sweet.

David said...

Who wrote this? It is very good.

Brian said...

Sara Lyn did.

Heidi said...

Sara!! It is so fun to find your blog. Email me your email address and I will send you a link to our blog.

Heidi Trejo

Heidi said...

Oh I guess you need my email heiditrejo@gmail.cm

David said...

In asking who wrote this I did not mean to imply that I was surprised at who may have written it. You are both great writers. I suspected it was Boo but I often suspect wrong on this site. (I know, it says it right there but I often skip that part.)