Wednesday, March 5, 2008

We're creating a Monster

IMG_3316

All the other kids are in their beds. We have put Weston to bed at least five times. Good chance he has sat for a spell outside, too, for a time out because he won't stay in his bed. But, I think he must wait until Brian and I are good and comfy and tired. We hear a sweet voice say, "Can I tell you one thing?" A little Weston face peeks around the corner. He holds up his thumb with a microscopic cut on it,"I have an ow-ee." We kiss him and remind him where he is supposed to be--fast asleep in HIS bed. He holds up his thumb and pointer finger, forming a circle (to show how big tiny is), and pleads, "I can sleep down here for just a little, tiny bit?" All I can say is we are SOFT!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I will say it how I always say it to parents like you two. SUCKERS! :)
We were like that with TJ and I told Thayne he had sucker written on his forhead because he always gave in.

New Lewis Happenings said...

What is it that they say about consistency???
HAAAAA! You KNOW I'm totally kidding!!
He's a cute little monster!!

Rachel said...

I would have made fun of you except for the song 'Let them be little' has me re-thinking this kind of stuff. Although Lauren asked for the same thing last night and she ended up in her very own bed. You guys are 'soft', but that's not such a bad thing!

Rachel said...

BTW one of the highlights of Simon's baptism was him cuddling me. So I know he is definitely not a monster!

David said...

Nothing is wrong with erring on the side of mercy a little bit. (This does remind me of one of my '06 Aspen Grove highlights when I was his 2nd appeal.)

Sara said...

that second appeal is one of my favorite memories ever!