Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yeah... I've got nothin'

As I walked past the girls room this morning I saw Katie sitting on her floor.  I went in and asked "What's up?"  "I don't want to go to school."  I thought about that for a second and honestly replied, "Well, I don't want to go to work."

Katie happily said she would go to work for me, and I could go to school for her.  Man - would I love that.  I told her that yesterday I had to give a talk in front of a big audience.  She didn't really like the sound of that too much, and said, "So what do you have to do today?"  "I have to teach/talk with two of our customers about a certain technology."  Kate thought about that for a second and then with a big sweeping wave of her hand she said, "TECHNOLOGY..."  It trailed off for a second, she put her hand down, looked at me and said, "Yeah... I've got nothin'."

Sometimes I feel the same way.

4 comments:

Dan Hixon said...

Yes, I love technology! But not as much as you, you see.

Love that Kate!

Rachel said...

Funny, funny girl!

David said...

A non-storyteller might have prefaced this with "You had to be there." You, however, captured the moment well. Thank you.

Joanna said...

A girl I can relate to! What a cutie!