Sunday, June 15, 2008

Best Seat in the House

The primary kids (3 - 11 year olds) sang to their Dad's in church today for Father's Day.  My girls are up in Utah spending some time with their Grandma.  I woke up today by Katie and Shelby singing to me over the phone.  They also sent me a letter they wrote for Father's Day.  I couldn't ask for better daughters.  However, today it was just the boys who imagesang in church.

Because I am on the stand during church, most of the time I only get to see the back of my kids heads as they sing.  Today was different.

Keaton came up and stood right next to me, and Weston came up and sat right on my lap.  The primary sang two songs.  I got my own private concert by my two boys.

The last song they sang ends with the following line, "Put my arms around his neck, hug him tight like this.  Pat his cheeks, then give him what?  A great big kiss."  Before Weston got off my lap, I was treated to a great big kiss.  I truly had the best seat in the house.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

what sweet boys!!!