Monday, June 16, 2008

The Simple Truth

Keaton gave his Daddy a Father's Day Card entitled "My Dad"  that summed up the way we all feel about Brian.  The card had the beginning of a sentence on each page and Keaton finished each sentence.  About halfway through the card a pattern became apparent:

My dad likes it when he comes home from wrke.

My dad is great because he dus stuf with me.

My dad and I like to do stuf with me.

I love it when my Dad dus stuf with me.

My dad likes to spend time with me.

Keaton's answers were mostly alike, but they are so true!  The best part of the day is when we hear the garage door open and everyone in the house is electrified because "Daddy's home!"  He is such a big heart in our home and he is never stingy with his love, adoration, and affection for each of us.   We know that more than anything, he wants to be home with us, spending time together and doing "stuf."  Thanks Bri, for all the love & all the "stuf."

fishing

9 comments:

Heather said...

electrified is the perfect word, because that is how if feels when dad walks in the door.

Larry said...

I am so pleased to have a son-in-law that "dus stuff" with my grandsons!

Heather said...

Hey I forgot to say that I love love love the fishing picture.

Rachel said...

Love that Keaty.

Heather said...

so cute Sara. Love the pic.

Valerie Koop said...

Love the picture!

Happy (belated) Father's Day, Brian.

Katie said...

Hi Sara, it's Katie Murset. I found your blog on Wende Foster's today. Your blog is SO cute!! It's fun to see your kids as they are getting older. Hope all is well!!

michelle rasor said...

that picture is beautiful! i love it when moments like that are caught on camera!

Laurel said...

That is a GREAT picture! Dad's are the best.

By the way, the story about your dad? Priceless!

And thanks for you good thoughts and wishes from across the street. You are super kind, not only Super Smellicious!