Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Why I hate Tweezers...

Oh man, let me count the ways.

First of all I had no idea what a "unibrow" was until I met Sara.  Who would have thought that two eyebrows are better than one?  Who would have ever even thought to notice that someone has one rather than two??  unibrowI know that it is not eyebrow, but I'm pretty sure it's like pants - there is just one item there.

I lived tweezer free for almost 25 years of my life.  Those days are over.  Not to be conceited, but I'm not a total wuss, I think I can handle some pain, but sheesh, when Sara pulls out those stinkin' tweezers I run for the hills.  It hurts!  I have to keep checking to see if I'm bleeding as she is ripping hair out of me.  Also, if your wife ever suggests that it is less painful and quicker to "wax" between your eyes - do what you need to, but avoid that one at all costs.

With that said, as much as I hate the tweezers, I adore my wife way more.  Even though I know how much it's going to hurt, I figure it is her that has to look at my face, not me.  Also, tweezing requires close proximity - this is always a good thing.

So just one comment on Sara's previous post about the lost tool of torture.  It is true that I had to stand there and be the tweezability tester.  I may have stood there, but I want to be clear - I wasn't happy about it, and I'm so relieved no pictures of the event have shown up.

Needless to say, I'm a two brow guy now, and I'm even starting to complain a little less.

13 comments:

David said...

Funny Brian. Have you ever had a gray whisker puleed out?

Delise said...

I saw that Sara commented on the Koops blog and thought I'd say hi! The last time I saw you Shelby had just been born...which means, it's been too long! Hugs to you all!

Funny post about tweezers and unibrows! :)

jeff said...

now is she could just get you to do something about that hockey player's nose!

Delise sent me the link to your blog. We need to talk!

Heather said...

David's right, Thayne hates when I pull the gray one's. And he has alot.

Amy said...

Brian - you are hilarious! Just picturing this makes me die laughing. I can't even imagine the drama I would witness if I told grant we were tweezing him. funny stuff!!

Sara said...

Hi Delise and Jeff! How FUN to hear from you! It has been TOO long!

Joanna said...

Thanks for the laugh Brian!!!

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

Oops, I accidentally deleted my comment. What I said was...

Bert has a unibrow.

And, I don't even think Willy knows what "tweezing" is. I'm going to tweeze him while he's sleeping. Shhh...don't tell.

Melissa said...

Hee hee hee!

New Lewis Happenings said...

LOL!!! I'm dying here...
And, for the record, with some good wax and a quick pull it really is faster and less painful. You should give it another try. ;)

Brian said...

Never.

... EVER.

New Lewis Happenings said...

Oh c'mon!!