Monday, June 9, 2008

Divine Heritage

My boys love to wrestle...all three of them.  Brian, Keaton, and Weston are all instigators.  Sometimes I see Keaton running at full force to pummel Brian.  Other times Brian reaches out and grabs one of the boys, holds them down and has them "captured."  The captive wriggles and hollers until his free brother helps him escape.  As soon as they are released, they always run back for more.

Jul07_1 016

Last night Weston started it by calling his Dad a "dumbhead."  Brian captured him, and Weston started yelling for help, "Do anything!  Do ANYTHING!"  Since Keaton wasn't around he directed his pleas to me.  I am no match for Brian's strength, but I do have some secret tricks up my sleeve but they are mine and I will reveal them only in the direst of circumstance.  So instead, I fed Weston some lines to soften the heart of the big Daddy:

"I am your sweet son!"

"I am your baby boy!"

"I am a child of God!"

Ta-Da!  The last one did it.  Weston was free.  But of course, Weston came right back for more.  "Dumbhead!"  he called right before he was captured again.  Eventually Brian let Weston wriggle one little hand free.  Weston balled up his hand into a fist, aimed at Brian's face, and growled angrily, "I AM A CHIILD OF GOD!!"

IMG_1907

We couldn't help but giggle at the dissonance between action and words!

6 comments:

michelle rasor said...

that is the sweetest! i love reading your posts. they always make me smile! although i will always picture brian with a unibrow now...

New Lewis Happenings said...

That's too cute!! I love the look on his face in that picture...Classic!!

David said...

very funny. warning: they grow up quickly.

Larry said...

Amen to the "grow up quickly".

Sharon said...

that is so cute!

Rachel said...

I LOVE both of the last two posts. Very sweet!