Sunday, June 8, 2008

Going to Pieces

Someone once said that having children is like having pieces of your heart out of your body, walking around. If that is the case, then one blonde, blue eyed, dimpled cheek, piece left for Salt Lake City on an airplane two days ago.

IMG_4173

I watched that piece of my heart happily walk away from my car at the airport wearing a red backpack and holding on to his Grandma's hand, without looking back. With slightly blurred, wet vision I watched that piece of my heart get smaller and smaller as I drove away.

IMG_4179

Oh my heart! I miss that boy.

7 comments:

Dan Hixon said...

Sara - I love your writing!

Heather said...

Oh that is a tough one, but he is probably having a blast and making great memories with grandma.How fun is that.

Leslie said...

You just made me miss him too!

Jenn said...

I am tearyeyed (is that a word and spelled right?) just thinking about it. I know he's having a blast but how happy he will be to see you!

Heather said...

super sad!!! It is sad to leave your kids!

Debbie said...

Lucky boy, getting to take a trip, but oh how hard to see your kids walk away. Hope he isn't gone too long!!

New Lewis Happenings said...

I know that it was hard for you to watch him go, but the time he spends with his grandma will stay with him forever. He's a lucky boy to have so many people who love him!!!