Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lost and Found

As I see it, we have an abundance of certain things in our home, namely, lamps, beds, and eyebrows. Yes it is true, we are eyebrow affluent. So when my favorite, best and perfect tweezers came up missing, I knew we were in trouble.

There was searching, pleading for help and more searching, but it was in vain. As much as I hated to betray the 8 year relationship with my Henckels tweezers (Brian brought them back to me as a souvenir from a business trip to Europe) I knew for the good of our family's grooming I would have to purchase a different set.

I headed to my local Sephora (love that place) and surveyed my options. I even made Brian stand in as the tester for the tweezability. I settled on a pair of Tweezerman tweezers. They are good, in fact, they are great.

tweezerman

That evening I was decidedly satisfied with the new tweezers and happily plucked away at a few strays, when of course, the inevitable happens...the Henckels turn up...

Where?...oh, um, uh,...right nest to my bathroom sink. Oops! Silly me.

henckels

5 comments:

David said...

You're affluent in throw pillows too, right? How many do you have?

Heather said...

love tweezerman. I always stock up because I use them for my vinyl projects.

♥Tami said...

I hate when that happens!

Sara said...

David--only 53 pillows...but who's counting?

New Lewis Happenings said...

OK-your response to David's comment is making me laugh...
I couldn't tell you how many throw pillows I have in my house, but I know it's not 53!!!!!!

Things always seem to turn up once you've bought a replacement, don't they!!!???