Friday, April 4, 2008

Head in the Clouds

I find most of my days filled to overflowing with daily-ness...the every day things...laundry, dishes, errands, service, cooking, appointments, gym, the list goes on. The words "Mommy is busy right now" escapes my lips too often. Yesterday, for a few minutes, I took time to savor the moment. The sky above was blue, dotted with puffy, white clouds. The sun shone, but a subtle breeze made the day seem perfectly suited for an intermission. Weston and I, flat on our backs, in the cool, soft grass watched for a while as the clouds crawled by. We found a crab, a funny face, and a W just to name a few. The cloud watching was a most welcome reprieve to several hurried days. It was a scrumptious afternoon!

3 comments:

Heather said...

oh my gosh Sara, I knew I liked you. This is one of my most favorite things to do. I always did it as a kid. My kids and I are always cloud watching. I'm glad you took time to do this with your son, mom's need to take those moments,

Murline said...

What a great day for Weston, and what a great day for you. One of my favorite poems:
Dishes be quiet,
Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby,
and babies don't keep.

Joanna said...

I need to do this more often! This picture of your sweet Weston is the sweetest face! I just want to kiss it!