Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sugar Pie, Honey Bun

Tonight I opened the door to the little closet under the stairs, to put something away in Shelby's classroom. I noticed some trash on the floor, and since I am the resident garbager, I picked up the stray papers and threw them away in her trash can.

IMG_0156

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed something pink tucked in the deep corner of the room...what in the world? No! It couldn't be...

IMG_0157

Yep...it sure was--a box of sugar cubes!

IMG_0160

Eleven cubes of sugar are missing from the box...I couldn't help but wonder if there is any connection between this and Keaton's inability to sit still this evening?

10 comments:

Rachel said...

So I have never owned a box of sugar cubes. Why would you purchase these? Are you holing out one me with some super recipe?

Laurel said...

Holy cow! Such a cute little room.

Brian said...

Obviously Sara didn't buy the sugar cubes (I didn't either), but I'm pretty sure I know where four of the 11 ended up.

I love 'em too...

Heather said...

I love the teacher room, every girl would love one.

I buy sugar cubes for my horses sometime, they don't all like them though. I bet some little boy likes them more.Ü

Heather said...

I just wanted to tell you that I have not had my kids ask about sugar cubes in a very long time. I thought it was very funny that since I read your post this happened. Simon was over today playing with Wyatt and out of the blue Wyatt asked Simon if he wanted to go feed the horses a suger cube. Simon responded with "what is a sugar cube?" I told him to ask you kids they would tell him. Ü What a quinkydink, huh?

bettina said...

how funny! and what a cute little classroom! so jealous!

David said...

So, who bought the sugar cubes?

Sara said...

Shelby bought the sugar cubes...from the Fresh and Easy...my favorite store.

David said...

And you didn't notice?

Shelby said...

Katie actullay bought them and put them in my classroom.