Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A very different Top 10

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife; and they shall be one flesh."

I believe this.  However, cleaving to one's wife does not in any way, shape, or form require the same favorite restaurants.

Thank heavens.

1. Village Inn - Sausage and Eggs.  Scrambled, link sausage, pancakes - with blackberry syrup, and a large milk when it comes out.  De-lish.

2. Waffle House - the All-Star Special Breakfast.  This is the  image greatest when you are really hungry and need some grits.  This is served to you on three - got that - three plates (to be said like Ursula from The Little Mermaid).

3. McDonalds - Big Mac.  What else is there to say.  Best sandwich in the world.  (Yeah, I know... I apologize to my arteries after each indulgence.)

4. The Chicago Hamburger Company - cheese sliders and image fries with Cajun seasoning and a Diet Coke.  Not only is the food  fantastic, but the ambiance in this long standing Phoenix tradition is the best.

5.  Anzio Landing - garlic pork.  Located right off Falcon Field airport.  You often will see planes and/or helicopters taking off or landing during your dinner.  Also, who can't love a place that gives you Hershey's Ovations with the bill??

6. Lu Lu's Tacos - the #1 special plate.  Two steak tacos with rice and beans - all served on styrofoam plates.

7. Ruth's Chris - for a steak there is no better.

8. Elliot's Oyster House - right on Pier 56 overlooking the Puget Sound in Seattle.  This is the place I always try to go to whenever I am in Seattle.  The Dungeness Crab is by far the best, and worth every penny (especially if someone else is buying).

9. The Training Table - a Utah original.  I've had almost ttrlogo everything on the menu and it's all good, I do have a soft spot in my heart for the Hickory Burger, Cheese fries (with dipping sauce - unmixed), and a Dr. Pepper.

10. Famous Dave's - The All-American Feast.  Served in a garbage can lid, it's a smorgasbord of heaven.  Ribs, brisket, corn, beans, oh man....  

image

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Your list will bring a tear to Big Steve's eye! I guess great men think alike.

Steve said...

lets just say if I were to cleave unto only my wifes cooking...breakfast would be completely omitted. How I love a heart unhealthy breakfast!! Never been to the Chicago Slider joint...next time I am downtown for lunch we will have to check it out........gotta be better than Taco Bell.....

Brian said...

Breakfast... let me rephrase that... eggs, meat, and potatos, etc. could very well be the staples for every meal in my book.

Sliders - 38th St. & Indian School. Whenever you come close, we'll go!

Murline said...

LuLu's Tacos should be #1!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder about Sliders. I have been missing their fries and burgers. But really missing the company that came with every meal.