Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Remember

A few of my sweet friends reminded me of the first time I sent off a kindergartner...

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

                                   {Kate's First Day 2002}

I laid in bed the night before her first day and slowly, tears began to trickle down to my pillow.  I was a wreck and I knew it. 

Finally, I nudged Brian to tell him I was going downstairs for a while.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because..." I sniffed, "I need to go cry...loudly."

He wrapped me up in his arms and told me to go ahead and cry out loud...he didn't mind. 

So I did.  I sobbed.  Racking sobs.

I think he cried a little, too.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh what great memories.

Lara said...

oh my goodness...that's why i couldn't send jack. I'm just not ready to let him go. that is so going to be me in 1 year! i think it's a good thing to be a tender mom.

AnnaBanana said...

I love it! Sara you're such a sweetie. Love the picture of Katie.

Valerie Koop said...

Awww, Sara. I don't know what to say, except I think crying loudly is the key. Bless your heart.

Joanna said...

why can I never remember to bring my box of tissues when I read your blog???