Thursday, August 28, 2008

Never Say Never

jediboys4

In conjunction with my previous post, I realized something as I looked at the pictures I took. Officially, I will announce that I have to eat my words. I swore that I would never allow character shirts, especially to school.

I am munching on those words.

Because of their precious dimples.

Because of their great smiles.

Because those silly t-shirts are the first ones they put on after the wash is done.

I am chewing up and swallowing those words.

Because they say things like, "I am good Jengo Fett with a lightsaber and force choke and shock."--all in one breath.

Because I am a mother of boys.

You know, those words don't taste half-bad after all.

6 comments:

Lara said...

I said the same thing, Sara...but Jack's favorite shirts are his "Speed Racer" and "Spiderman" shirts. He BEGGED me at Walmart, hah...so I let him get them. You are a good mom.

Heather said...

I never really cared when my kids were little, but I look back and think, what was I thinking. I guess it is the fun part of being a kid and if they are happy, we are happy. Hey and dark blue looks better than an orange or green shirt that they could have picked out.

Amy Foote said...

Ericson could make a Star Wars quilt with all of his Star Wars shirts. Happy Eating!

Joanna said...

Yes, I've had to eat most of my pre-mom-of-boy words. But I have made one rule, they can have the t-shirts but NOT the shoes! I have to put my foot down somewhere, right?

Leslie said...

Yep, I'm with ya. Carter had Lighting McQueen shoes in Kindergarten. The only one I say no on for school is Sponge Bob because....it's Sponge Bob. Star Wars is still cool, but Sponge Bob... You are a good mom.

Debbie said...

I had similar views about the T-shirts, just trying to stick with solid colors or patterns. But Star Wars has thwarted my plan as well. I just hate to steal their thunder when it helps them get into character, right. Besides, we could always use an extra defender of the universe at our house.