Tuesday, August 5, 2008

No Place that Far

Fourteen years ago today (actually almost to the minute) Sara said "Yes" when asked if she would take me as her husband.  It is amazing how certain memories can make such an impression on your mind.  I remember watching her face, her mouth, just 'her' as she said that simple three letter word.  I wish I could describe how she said it, what she looked like, and how I felt - but I can't.  It is almost frustrating that something so crystal clear in my mind could never come out in words. 

Suffice it to say that I adore her.

I remember copying the lyrics to a song in a card I gave Sara probably six or seven years ago, but they again seem to capture how I feel about this amazing lady.

I cant imagine, any greater fear
Then waking up, without you here,
And though the sun, will still shine on,
My whole world, would all be gone,
But not for long,

If I had to run, if I had to crawl
If I had to swim a hundred rivers, just to climb a thousand walls,
Always know that I will find a way, to get to where you are,
There's no place that far.

2 comments:

Larry said...

Bri, you could write neat novels if you ever had to give up computing. That was very nice.

New Lewis Happenings said...

Very sweet, Brian. She's pretty special, isn't she!! You guys are the best!